On Thursday, New Zealand banned travelers from India. Yes you heard it right, this action is done temporarily. A media report has revealed that New York has suspended entry for all passengers from India following an increase in COVID-19 cases. The ban stated that 17 out of 23 new COVID-19 cases in the separation announced on Thursday came from India.
For your information, let us know that the ban will start from Sunday and will continue till April 28, the New Zealand Herald reported. The island nation has registered 2,531 cases so far. The risk assessment was accelerated during arrival from India, with New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern saying the government would be looking into the risks posed by other COVID-19 hot spot countries. “This is not a permanent system, but a temporary measure,” she said.
However it needs to be shared here that the temporary hold will help reduce the risks that travelers themselves face, the Prime Minister said. India is witnessing a sudden increase in COVID-19 cases. So far, 1.28 crore cases have been reported in the country. The country’s active COVID-19 caseload reached over 8,43,000 and the daily positivity rate is steadily increasing.