The festival of Ekadashi will be celebrated on 20th July. In such a situation, Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Ashadh month is known as Devshayani Ekadashi. Devshayani Ekadashi has special significance. In fact, Lord Vishnu rests for four months from Devshayani Ekadashi. In such a situation, this time is also known as Chatumas. Lord Vishnu rests on Devshayani Ekadashi and Lord Vishnu’s rest is completed on Devuthani Ekadashi. Devuthani Ekadashi falls on Shukla Paksha of Kartik month. Now today we are going to tell you which work should not be done on Ekadashi.
What should not be done on Ekadashi day?
1. It is said that salt, oil, rice or food is prohibited in this fast.
2. It is said that eating meat is prohibited during Ekadashi fasting.
3. Eating pulses is prohibited during Ekadashi fasting.
4. It is forbidden to eat gram, spinach greens during Ekadashi fast.
5. It is forbidden to eat carrots, turnips during Ekadashi fasting.
6. It is forbidden to eat honey during Ekadashi fast.
7. Eating food from someone else’s house is prohibited during Ekadashi fasting.
8. Sleeping in the afternoon is prohibited during Ekadashi fast.
9. It is forbidden to have a relationship with a woman during the fasting of Ekadashi.
10. Gambling, speculation should not be played during the fast of Ekadashi.
1 1 Paan, Datun, slander and flirting with others, thinking wrong, thinking bad, lying are prohibited during Ekadashi fast.
12. One should not get angry during the fast of Ekadashi.
13. Tulsi leaves should not be broken during Ekadashi fast.