Robin Uthappa, one of the finest batsmen out of the Indian team, is celebrating his birthday today. Robin Uthappa, 36, may have been out of the team, but regains his skills to stay in the limelight. Robin Uthappa, who has been out of Team India whenever he is out of the team, seems to be doing well in IPL or domestic cricket. Here are some highlights of Robin, a player from Karnataka who has played many memorable innings for the Indian team.
1. Robin Uthappa scored a brilliant 86 in his first ODI against England in 2006. This is the most runs scored by an Indian player in his debut ODI.
2. Robin was the first player to score a fifty in T20 Internationals for India. He did so against Pakistan but the match ended in a tie.
3. Robin has another interesting record to its name. Robin Uthappa holds the record for scoring 40, 11 times in a season. He holds the record of scoring more than 40 runs in 8 consecutive matches.
4. Robin Uthappa was the main player of the Indian team that won the T20 World Cup in 2007.
5. IPL is like a lifeline for Uthappa. Robin Uthappa is the second highest-paid player after Gautam Gambhir in the 2011 season of IPL. He was bought by Pune Warriors for $2.1 million.
6. In the 7th season of IPL, he scored a total of 660 runs for Kolkata. This performance led to the captaincy of the India A team against Australia.
7. Robin Uthappa has also played matches for Mumbai Indians in IPL, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Pune Warriors and Kolkata Knight Riders.
8. Robin Uthappa’s father Venu is an international hockey referee.
9. Uthappa’s mother had filed a case of assault on his father. His parents have been living separately for a long time.
10. Robin Uthappa, who looked super fit, was once extremely fat. He also lost 20 kg to play professional cricket.