auto

24 people are hospitalized due to toxic fumes in the luxury four star hotel

LONDON: Twenty-four people, including children, were taken to hospital after being exposed to toxic fumes at a hotel spa in Hampshire, south east England. Firefighters were called to the Solent Hotel & Spa in Whiteley, Hampshire, after several hotel guests were “disturbed” by smoke at the spa.

The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire Rescue Service was alerted at 8.44 p.m. at the Solent Hotel & Spa in Whiteley to deal with a “mass incident”. on Monday. Local firefighters said an accidental mixture of chemicals created chlorine, a toxic gas. According to reports, children are also among those taken to the hospital.

A spokesman for the brigade said the crew began urgent emergency care, set up an area to deal with an accident and requested to attend an ambulance service after being called to the incident at 8 a.m. on Monday. He continued: “A ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke and the firefighters carried the pot containing the chemicals to fresh air. A gas monitor was used to check that the scene was safe.

.

Read More  Such a percentage drop in two wheeler sales due to Corona

Dailynews24 Team

If you like the post written by dailynews24 team, then definitely like the post. If you have any suggestion, then please tell in the comment

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
close