Sunday, November 28, 2021
HomebusinessAnother setback in the midst of rising inflation! Watching TV will...

Another setback in the midst of rising inflation! Watching TV will be expensive from December 1

The bills of television channels are going to increase from December 1. The country’s leading broadcasting networks Viacom, Zee, Star and Sony have removed some channels from their bouquet and increased their prices. These prices are increasing due to the implementation of the new tariff order of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India. The decision of the Bombay High Court to uphold this order has been challenged in the Supreme Court, but did not get an immediate stay. The matter will be heard in the Supreme Court on November 30.

The result of the reduction in the prices of the channels included in the book:-

The monthly price of a channel to be offered in the bouquet of broadcasting networks was earlier fixed at a minimum of Rs 19, but in the new tariff order of TRAI, it has been fixed at a minimum of Rs 12. Only 7% of the television viewers in the country subscribe to the channel on an ala carte basis. The remaining 93% subscribe to the entire bouquet. In such a situation, it can be extremely harmful for channels to offer most of their channels for just Rs 12.

To mitigate this loss, the network has thought of increasing the prices by excluding some of the popular channels from the bouquet. It includes several channels from sports, regional and general entertainment categories. Broadcasting networks expect that those who have become accustomed to these channels will subscribe on ala carte basis at a higher cost.

.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

close